Saghmosavank monastery, Armenian Alphabet monument, Amberd fortress, Lake Kari in Aragats mount
– Check out from the hotel.
– This day will start from Saghmosavank monastery (XIII century), picturesquely towering over the steep gorge of Kasakh River.
– After that you will visit the monument to the Armenian alphabet and get acquainted with one of the ancient alphabets in the world.
– After you will visit Amberd Fortress, the name of which can be translated as “fortress in the clouds”. The fortress is located on the slope of Mount Aragats at an altitude of more than 2000m and is distinguished by its ascetic architecture, harmoniously merging with the surrounding landscape.
– Lake Kari (Stone lake) is located in an attitude of 3300 meter, which means that the surrounding mountains are covered with snow ussaly and lake always is cold.
– Return to Yerevan