Jvari monastery, Mtskheta town, Gori, Stalin House Museum, Uplistsikhe
– Departure from your hotel
– Today you will visit Jvari Monastery, which is located on the top of a mountain at the confluence of the Kura and Aragvi rivers above the city of Mtskheta. According to a legend, the monastery was founded on the site where St. Nino erected the cross. From here you will admire the picturesque view of Mtskheta.
– Later, you will have a trip to Mtskheta – the ancient capital of Georgia. You will visit one of the main Orthodox churches in Georgia – Svetitskhoveli Cathedral. You will end the tour in this part with a walk along the old and picturesque streets of the city.
– Then trip to Gori city, where Joseph Stalin was born. Here you will visit Joseph Stalin Museum, built in 1951. The exhibits here include Stalin’s personal belongings, various historical documents, one of the 12 copies of Stalin’s death mask. You will also have the opportunity to see Stalin’s armored train.
– Next trip will be to one of the oldest settlements in Georgia – the ancient cave city Uplistsikhe, where one can walk through more than 150 cave structures.
– Return to Hotel