Your day will start with a sightseeing tour around Tbilisi: acquaintance with the capital of Georgia, a walk in Rike Park and over the glass-covered The Bridge of Peace connecting modern Tbilisi with the Old City. Acquaintance with the famous sulfur baths, a walk along Shardeni Street in the old part of the city, visiting the monument of Mother Georgia, afterwards ascent to the ancient fortress of Narikala, a walk around the Freedom Square.
Next, you will visit Jvari Monastery, which is located on the top of a mountain at the confluence of the Kura and Aragvi rivers above the city of Mtskheta. According to a legend, the monastery was founded on the site where St. Nino erected the cross. From here you will admire the picturesque view of Mtskheta.
Later, you will have a trip to Mtskheta – the ancient capital of Georgia. you will visit one of the main Orthodox churches in Georgia – Svetitskhoveli Cathedral. You will end the tour in this part with a walk along the old and picturesque streets of the city.
09:00 – Check out from the hotel after the breakfast.
You will have a trip to the city of Akhaltsikhe and visit Akhaltsikhe Castle, also known as Rabat Castle, where you can learn about the glorious history of the city.
Next trip will be to Vardzia cave city. This is one of the amazing sights of Georgia. About 600 natural and man-made caves are located in a high rock above the Kura River and in its steep wall. The exceptional city has more than 13 levels.
After that you will have a trip to Borjomi. Overnight in Borjomi.
Your day will start with a sightseeing tour around Borjomi, a walk in the Central Park of the city and an ascent by the cable car.
– Next trip will be to Gori city, where Joseph Stalin was born. Here you will visit Joseph Stalin Museum, built in 1951. The exhibits here include Stalin’s personal belongings, various historical documents, one of the 12 copies of Stalin’s death mask. You will also have the opportunity to see Stalin’s armored train.
– This day you will travel to the Georgian-Russian border. The first stop is scheduled at the Zhinvali water reservoir, famous for its cool, clear water and, of course, picturesque landscapes. The reservoir is one of the largest in Georgia, turquoise waters of which merge with the horizon.
– Afterwards, you will visit Ananuri Fortress, a well-preserved monument of early feudalism.
– Next stop will be in Pasanauri vilage, famous for the fact that the White and the Black Aragvi merge here, forming the Aragvi River.
– A trip along the picturesque Georgian Military Road will take you to the observation deck Arch of Friendship of Peoples. The steep cliff over which the Arch stands and the surrounding mountains will give you the opportunity to create real photo masterpieces.
– The last stop of this day will be Gergeti Monastery, located at the foot of Mount Kazbek, the highest mountain in the Caucasus.
– The first trip will be to Kakheti – the wine region of Georgia, where you will have the opportunity to visit one of the local farmers in the village, visit his cellar and, of course, enjoy the famous homemade Kakhetian wine.
– Afterwards, you will visit the famous Convent of Bodbe, where the relics of St. Nino are buried. In the monastery you can walk along the beautiful alleys, as well as admire the beautiful view of the Alazani Valley.
– Next, you will have a trip to a small town called Sighnaghi, located in a very picturesque place. The town is also famous for the fact that here Niko Pirosmani, an artist in love, covered the square of the hotel where his beloved woman lived with flowers. That is why Sighnaghi is called the City of Love.
– Next visit will be to Kvareli city, where the famous Kindzmarauli wine factory is located. You will have a tour at the factory and wine tasting.